For Machine Tooling, Instrumentation,
Semi-conductor and other industries
Castinite Polymer Composites: A Precision Casting Solution Designed for You
At Precision Polymer Casting, we understand that each project is unque. That’s why we custom design and engineer a solution for your needs. Unlike traditional metals, our CASTINITE™ epoxy/quartz composites can be precision cast to size, eliminating the need for secondary machining. Experience precision casting designed for you.
MACHINE CASTING PROJECTS
THE IMPOSSIBLE 270° INTERNAL DRUM
Successfully casting a part that has an 18-inch diameter, extends 270 degrees, and features 45 vacuum grooves-all to a precision of .001 inches TIR and a length of 68 inches-is a remarkable achievement. Defying the odds, we’ve managed to produce a part with a 270-degree core, cast to .001 inches TIR, equipped with 45 vacuum grooves, each with a 1.0mm diameter outlet.
A single-piece casting for a compact CMM, made in a refined grey color, integrates a steel plate directly into the casting itself. The top rails are precision-cast to achieve a flatness of .001 inches.
POLYMER COMPOSITE LASER SCANNER
An innovative machine featuring a CASTINITE™ base, replacing the traditional cast iron. This machine serves as a laser scanner for imprinting high-definition color.
- 40L x 36D x 24H with an 18′ diameter recess
- Radial surface cast to .002 TTR
- All surfaces cast flat and coplanar within .002
- 110 taped holes cast into place
- 48 vacuum grooves integrated
- 48 vacuum holes, each 1.0mm diameter, cast in place.
- Precision casting to tolerance reduces production time
- Resistant to rust or corrosion
- Vibration dampening provides improved imaging
- Offers a higher production rate than cast iron, thereby reducing W.I.P
OPTICAL SCANNER BASE
Constructed as a polymer composite laser scanner equipped with a high-definition film imaging base.
- Base with 2,000 rpm rotating drum
- Castinite Polymer base measuring 70″L x 39″W x 8″H
- Linear ways and linear motor directly mounted to the base
- Bearing blocks grouted onto base to .001 alignment
- EMI Shielding integrated in the design
- Foam coring for reduced weight
- 150 corrosion resistant inserts and PVC ducting casted in
- Notable cost savings compared to aluminum casting
- Reduced thermal expansion rate
- Decreased production time
- Superior surface finish
- Vibration dampening for improved image quality
- Quieter operation
- Resistant to both rust and corrosion
POLYMER COMPOSITE GRINDER CROSS WAY
The surface grinder cross way is a polymer casting, spanning 82 inches in length, featuring both flat and “V” way designs.
- Way surfaces cast into a base, utilizing a law-friction polymer material
- Oil passages and oil lines cast in place
- The exceptional vibration dampening, improving wheel life and part finish
- An improved surface finish and excellent chemical resistance is achieved
- Sound deadening techniques are utilized to ensure a quiet operation
CASTINITE™ CASTING WITH STEEL RAILS
An innovation serving the semiconductor industry is designed with a CASTINITE™ base for a screen printing machine. This design incorporates foam cores to lighten the weight and is complemented with steel rails that are grouted in to tolerance.
HIGH SPEED LARGE MACHINING CENTER
The high speed large machining center is a cast that is 135″ x 162″, with a 120″ column, weighing in at 70,000 lbs.
- CASTINITE Grout was utilized to mount the column to the base
- Coolant trough seamlessly integrated into the base, complete with PVC pipe drains
- Wire ways cast into the base of the part
- Crafted using wood molds
A polymer composite vertical turning center designed to combine precision with robust performance.
- Travel X axis: 38″, Z axis: 10″
- Trabel rate: X=1000 IPM, Z=500 IPM
- Spindle speed of 6,000 rom
- Turning diameter of 10″
- Castinite Polymer base measuring 72″ x 48″ x 24″ and weighing in at 3,500 lbs
- Steel way mounting surfaces, wire ducting, and motor and ball screw mounting plate all casted in place
- Way surfaces integrated into the base using low-friction Polymer material
- Oil passages and oil lines cast in place
- Superior chemical resistance
- Noticeably improved surface finish
- Enhanced vibration dampening leading to prolonged wheel life and improved part finish
- Sound deadening technology for a quieter operational experience
POLYMER COMPOSITE BALANCING MACHINE
The polymer composite balancing machine utilizes a cast iron replacement but retains the smooth finish characteristics of cast surfaces.
- Polymer casting measuring 48″ x 20″ x 20″
- Balancing machine base featuring steel T-slots
- Foam core designed with internal ribbing
- Dampening feature chances balancing accuracy
- Foam core design reduces weight and production cost
- Steel T-slots cast into the top
- Embedded steel bar for gear rock
- Superior surface finish that is paint-ready
LEADERS IN THE EPOXY POLYMER CASTINGS INDUSTRY SINCE 1994
Our philosophy is simple: Expand the industry conversion to epoxy polymer castings by developing innovative production techniques to keep costs low, providing unique castings to extremely close tolerances, and supporting customers through our dedicated and expertly trained in-house representatives. Our products are manufactured within the United States, but we proudly serve customers globally.